If you want to make sure your house is clean, you need to use the right cleaning products. In some cases, you might benefit from cleaning with terpenes. These are the chemicals that are commonly found in cannabis. They are also responsible for a lot of the physiological effects that you feel. If you have ever wondered why some strains of cannabis receive funky names, it probably has to do with the terpenes in them. Some strains smell a bit fruity, while others might smell a bit earthy.
Even though a lot of people associate terpenes with cannabis, these are substances that can also be beneficial in the cleaning process. They have a wide range of biological utilities, and they can help you clean your home as well. Many of them have antifungal, antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties. What do you need to know about this unique application?
Nearly All Household Products Have Fragrances
You have probably noticed that just about every household cleaning product has some sort of fragrance to it. Unfortunately, some of these fragrances can cause significant health problems. For example, if there is someone in the home who suffers from seasonal allergies or asthma, you might want to avoid certain fragrances, particularly artificial ones. Otherwise, it can make their symptoms worse.
Fortunately, if you decide to use terpenes, you might be able to keep some of these symptoms at bay. Many of these fragrances are completely natural, so do not hesitate to look at the terpenes that are used in the cleaning product before you decide to move forward.
Examples of Terpene Oils You Might Want To Use
There are plenty of examples of terpenes you might want to use, including essential oils, which are blends of multiple terpenes. They are incredibly convenient, they smell delicious, and they make for exceptional cleaning products. Some of the examples you may want to use include:
- Tea Tree Oil: This is one of the biggest cleaning powerhouses in the industry. Even though the smell is a bit weak, you may have already used it and some of your beauty products. This is a compound that contains terpenes that have antiviral, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties. You can use it to kill mildew in the bathroom, and you can use it to get rid of grime in the kitchen.
- Lavender Oil: A lot of people think about sleep and tranquility when they envision lavender. Therefore, this is a great option for cleaning throughout your home as well. You may even want to add it to your laundry detergent to make sure your clothes smell fresh when they come out. This is an essential oil that you can use to clean the bedroom. It can prevent the growth of mold and mildew. You can also mix it with a wide variety of other pleasant scents, including peppermint and Cedarwood.
- Thyme Oil: Do not hesitate to give thyme oil a try. This is a popular natural cleaner because it is a natural antibacterial and antiseptic. You might want to use this in the kitchen or the bathroom. You can blend it with lemon, rosemary, and grapefruit for a unique scent.
Consider putting a few of these essential oils to work for you as you clean around the house.
Terpene Isolates You Can Use
You may also want to try a few terpene isolates that have antibacterial properties. A few examples include:
- Linalool: This is a terpene that smells like lavender. It is already used in a lot of beauty and healthcare products, so you may want to use it to clean around the house.
- Humulene: This is a terpene that smells a lot like oak or wood. It will make you feel like you were in the middle of a cabin in the forest. It also has antimicrobial properties.
- Limonene: If you are someone who loves citrus, then you will definitely want to give this terpene a try. It is commonly used to remove oil and rust from machine parts, so you can use it to clean your house as well.
- Terpinolene: If you are looking for something that has a bit of a spicy smell to it, this could be the option for you. You can use it to clean a variety of surfaces throughout the home.
Consider mixing a few of these popular terpenes in with your cleaning products.
Work With True Extracts Terpenes for the Best Terpenes
If you are looking for the best possible terpenes to use in your cleaning products, it would be our pleasure to assist you. We are True Extracts Terpenes, and we are one of the most trusted names in the industry. We have plenty of terpenes from which to choose, and we can help you find the right ones to meet your needs. If you would like to learn more about the terpenes we have available, contact us today to speak to a member of our team!